Air Contaminants – Sports Science & Gyms
- There are three reasons why athletes and those using Gyms are at special risk for inhaling pollutants.
- First, as physical activity increases minute ventilation, the number of pollutants that are inhaled relative to when the athlete is at rest are increased.
- Second, during activity, a larger proportion of air is inhaled through the mouth, which bypasses the body’s built-in nasal filtration system.
- Third, pollutants are inhaled more deeply and may diffuse into the bloodstream more quickly during physical activity. These risks are heightened in athletes with pre-existing pulmonary or cardiac conditions.
- Tests also show that improving Indoor Air Quality can have a positive improvement in physical performance and cognitive performance.
- Indoor Air pollution has been linked to serious health conditions such as asthma and cardiovascular diseases.
- Sport Scientists, Gym & Spa management can protect members, staff and guests from potentially harmful pollutants.
- The use of mobile standalone air filtration units can prevent and alleviate: Asthma, Bacteria and Viruses (including COVID-19), Hay Fever, Allergens, Particulate Contaminants, Toxic Chemicals and Smoke.
- The spreading of colds, viruses and respiratory illnesses can be caused by two main factors. These are airborne droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes or by indirect contact, like bacteria left on an object or surface.
- Surfaces can be cleaned but cleaning materials can give off gaseous odours called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). While effective at eliminating viruses, germs and fungal spores, VOCs often contain toxic agents such as aldehydes – formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde and phenol.
- Purer Clean Air recommends the use of mobile standalone air filtration units. Good air filtration can impact on the spread of airborne transmission and prevent exposure to bacteria or viruses.
- Purer Clean Air products use medical grade filtration systems with patented (DNO) technology which offers peace of mind and security for all our users.
- Small particles (known as PM2.5 or fine particulate matter) such as bacteria and viruses like COVID-19 pose the greatest problems because they bypass the body’s natural defences and can get deep into your lungs and potentially your bloodstream.
- Aggravated asthma.
- Development of chronic respiratory disease in children.
- Development of chronic bronchitis or chronic obstructive lung disease.
- Premature death in people with heart or lung disease, including death from lung cancer.
- Sulphur and Nitrogen dioxide can cause respiratory problems such as bronchitis. It may cause coughing, wheezing, phlegm and asthma attacks.
- Dryness and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin.
- Shortness of breath.
- Hypersensitivity and allergies.
- Sinus congestion.
- Coughing and sneezing.
All our Air Purifiers use our patented DNO filters and catalysts to truly supply ‘Purer Clean Air®’ by capturing, killing and converting the contaminants into harmless invisible by product elements – carbon dioxide, water and oxygen!!
Purer Clean Air® Medical Grade DNO Filters protect by capturing, killing and converting:
- Viruses such as COVID-19 and SARS.
- Microbial contaminants, fungi, moulds and bacteria.
- Small particles (known as PM2.5 or fine particulate matter) to levels as small as 0.003 microns.
- Sulphur Dioxide and Nitrogen Dioxide – (SOX) and (NOX).
- Indoor and Outside air pollutants such as Carbon Monoxide (CO).
- Dust, fibreglass, asbestos, gases, including formaldehyde from building materials.
- Toxic vapours, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – from cleansers, solvents, pesticides, disinfectants, and glues.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2), tobacco smoke, alcohol, perfume and body odours.
- Gases, vapours, odours, off-gas emissions from furniture, carpets, and paints.
- Dust mites from carpets, fabric, foam chair cushions.
- Ozone from photocopiers, printers, electric motors, electrostatic air cleaners.
The full Purer Clean Air range use our patented DNO filter technology.
• This means our smallest units right through to our largest units all ‘capture, kill and convert’ COVID-19 and micron level pollutants.
• We offer Purer Clean Air protection and peace of mind whether it’s a vehicle, domestic or commercial indoor space.
Hints and Tips
• Measure the area you require the unit to effectively cleanse and purify.
• Purer Clean air products will cleanse rooms around a home or commercial property even when internal doors are shut.
• The units will cleanse and kill all pollutants in a room or building efficiently up to the areas listed in the matrix below.
• HA30 (Vehicle) – Suitable for areas up to 9.5m² or 28.5m³.
• HA500 – Suitable for areas or buildings up to 170m² or 510m³.
• HA800 – Suitable for areas or buildings up to 280m² or 840m³.