Air Contaminants – Care Homes
- Care Homes want to offer residents a safe, clean and comfortable environment that enhances their quality of life.
- Respiratory illnesses are extremely common in care homes. The spreading of colds, viruses and respiratory illnesses can be caused by two main factors. These are airborne droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes or by indirect contact, like bacteria left on an object or surface.
- Care Homes are classified as being a high risk for transmission of virus. Virus is viable in suspended aerosols for up to three hours. Care Homes may struggle with ventilation management, especially in confined spaces such as resident’s rooms.
- Surfaces can be cleaned but cleaning materials can give off gaseous odours called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). While effective at eliminating viruses, germs and fungal spores, VOCs often contain toxic agents such as aldehydes – formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde and phenol.
- Care home management can protect residents, visitors and staff from potentially deadly diseases which are well-known to affect those with weaker immune systems.
- Purer Clean Air® recommend the use of mobile standalone air filtration units in a resident’s room during an infection, this will help contain airborne transmission and prevent bacteria or viruses from exposure to other vulnerable residents, visitors’ or staff. Purer Clean Air® purifiers are lightweight or on castors so can be moved quickly and easily to the required location.
- Purer Clean Air® products use medical grade filtration systems with patented DNO technology which offers peace of mind and security for all our users.
- Small particles (known as PM2.5 or fine particulate matter) such as bacteria and viruses pose the greatest problems because they bypass the body’s natural defences and can get deep into your lungs and potentially your bloodstream.
- Aggravated asthma.
- Development of chronic respiratory disease in children.
- Development of chronic bronchitis or chronic obstructive lung disease.
- Premature death in people with heart or lung disease, including death from lung cancer.
- Sulphur and Nitrogen dioxide can cause respiratory problems such as bronchitis. It may cause coughing, wheezing, phlegm and asthma attacks.
- Dryness and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin.
- Shortness of breath.
- Hypersensitivity and allergies.
- Sinus congestion.
- Coughing and sneezing.
All our Air Purifiers use our patented DNO filters and catalysts to truly supply ‘Purer Clean Air®’ by capturing, killing and converting the contaminants into harmless invisible by product elements – carbon dioxide, water and oxygen!!
Purer Clean Air® Medical Grade DNO Filters protect by capturing, killing and converting:
- Microbial contaminants, fungi, moulds and bacteria.
- Small particles (known as PM2.5 or fine particulate matter) to levels as small as 0.003 microns.
- Sulphur Dioxide and Nitrogen Dioxide – (SOX) and (NOX).
- Indoor and Outside air pollutants such as Carbon Monoxide (CO).
- Dust, fibreglass, asbestos, gases, including formaldehyde from building materials.
- Toxic vapours, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – from cleansers, solvents, pesticides, disinfectants, and glues.
- Tobacco smoke, alcohol, perfume and body odours.
- Gases, vapours, odours, off-gas emissions from furniture, carpets, and paints.
- Dust mites from carpets, fabric, foam chair cushions.
- Ozone from photocopiers, printers, electric motors, electrostatic air cleaners.
• The full Purer Clean Air range use our patented DNO filter technology.
• This means our smallest units right through to our largest units all ‘capture, kill and convert’ micron level pollutants.
• We offer Purer Clean Air protection and peace of mind whether it’s a vehicle, domestic or commercial indoor space.
Hints and Tips
• Measure the area you require the unit to effectively cleanse and purify.
• Purer Clean air products will cleanse rooms around a home or commercial property even when internal doors are shut.
• The units will cleanse and kill all pollutants in a room or building efficiently up to the areas listed in the matrix below.
• HA30 (Vehicle) – Suitable for areas up to 9.5m² or 28.5m³.
• HA500 – Suitable for areas or buildings up to 170m² or 510m³.
• HA800 – Suitable for areas or buildings up to 280m² or 840m³.